Circuit Breaker Tripping Off

When a circuit breaker trips, it is because there is a short or overload on the circuit. A tripped circuit breaker is an indication of a more serious problem. The most common calls we get about a circuit breaker being tripped is on an Air Conditioner or Water Heater. Normally there is a problem with the appliance and that is why the circuit breaker is tripped. The circuit breaker is doing it's "job". If the circuit breaker trips immediately when you turn it on, there is a fault in the circuit called a "short". This usually indicates a problem in the appliance that is connected to the circuit. This also is common with refrigerators and freezers, ceiling fans, smoke detectors and even night lights and plug in room deodorizers. One way to determine what is causing the problem is to unplug any device or appliance that is on the circuit that is controlled by the breaker that is tripped. This includes lamps, cordless phones, cell phone chargers, calculators, room deodorizers, night lights, etc. If the breaker still trips, then the problem is possibly in the wiring, in which case you will need to call an electrician.
If the circuit breaker that is tripped is for the Air Conditioner or Water Heater, then you should call an appliance repairman. As a note, If your water heater is five years old or older, the problem is usually caused by a defective element. You should have both elements and thermostats replaced at the same time. If your water heater is ten years old or older, it may be more cost effective to replace the entire heater for a newer, more energy efficient model. Many plumbers will not replace the element's in your water heater, instead, you will have to call an electrician. You should only use electricians who are licensed and insured. Hiring an unlicensed contractor can put you and your family at risk of damages caused by improper wiring or repair techniques. REMEMBER, You have NO RECOURSE against an unlicensed person who does work in your home and you suffer damage's due to faulty or improper wiring. In most cases, your Home Owners Insurance WILL NOT pay the claim.